jbizzlaw
jbizzlaw, Attorney
Experience:  Attorney with experience in corporate law
56094747

What if a company that you were selling products too, gave

What if a company that you were selling products too, gave your price list
to another company so they can buy from them, is this illeagal?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  jbizzlaw replied 2 years ago.

Unfortunately, this is probably not illegal in any way, as a price list would not generally be considered a trade secret.

Here is an article on the issue: http://www.zdnet.com/blog/btl/technology-pricing-follies-emc-claims-price-list-is-a-trade-secret/4696

Unless your price list contained special concessions, etc., or your client signed a confidentiality agreement regarding the price list, it is unlikely you would be able to recover. However, you could try writing a cease and desist letter as mentioned in the article, but this would probably end your relationship with the client, from a business perspective.

Let me know if you have any other specific questions! I hope this helps. If my answer has been informative, please click the green Accept button, as I will not receive credit for my response unless you do so. I am happy to answer follow up questions. After you hit Accept, type your response and hit reply, and I will get right back with you. Thanks again!

I love working with the same customers, as this provides a better experience for you. You can now go DIRECTLY TO MY WEBSITE, WWW.LAWBEAGLE.COM, and enter your questions directly into the Just Answer boxes there. Don't forget to book mark it. If you prefer to enter your questions on the just answer site, but would like to request me, simply put "FOR LawBeagle" at the beginning of your future questions.

______________________________________________________________________
DISCLAIMER Just Answer experts DO NOT provide legal services. In order to obtain a legal opinion or advice, you must retain the services of a licensed attorney located in your state. The answer provided is FOR INFORMATIONAL OR RESEARCH PURPOSES only, and does not constitute legal advice or a legal opinion AND SHOULD NOT BE RELIED UPON TO MAKE LEGAL DECISIONS. FURTHERMORE, by clicking Accept or viewing my response, you agree that this response WILL NOT be used to obtain credit at any institute of learning and is for background or research purposes only. YOUR QUESTIONS AND MY RESPONSE ARE NOT CONFIDENTIAL, as they are viewable by the public. No attorney-client relationship is formed. By viewing my response, and/or clicking the "Accept" button, you are agreeing to these terms.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
And what if i ahd wquipment in this plant and they kept my stuff and also owe me for past due invoices?
Expert:  jbizzlaw replied 2 years ago.

That is a completely seperate issue. Obviously they are not entitled to retain your property. You can file an action to get the equipment back if they are refusing, as well as obtain a judgment against them for past due invoices, but these would be seperate legal actions.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX remember to hit the green Accept button so I recieve credit for my response.

jbizzlaw, Attorney
Experience: Attorney with experience in corporate law