David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997

my partner took over the business by force, meaning that he

my partner took over the business by force, meaning that he said he was disolving the partnership and i should come and pick up my half of want he said the company was worth.
we are 50 50 partners and i have no intentions of selling to him. he has taken over the workers and all of the equipment and is putting all of the income that comes in into his personnel business acct. he has told all of our customers that he is now in charge and all of the checks should be made out to him. we currently gross 385,000. he is trying to force me out. what should i do .
Category: Business Law
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Hello. The quickest way to maintain status quo so you can resolve the partnership issues is to file suit and ask the judge to grant a temporary injunction to protect the assets. If an injunction is granted, the other partner would not be able to control the assets until the issues are resolved. Without this remedy, you risk him making decisions on his own.