David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997

I have been a representative of a mlm company since its creation

Customer Question

I have been a representative of a mlm company since its creation last January 2011, and have recently been deactivated without any communication or explanation from the company at all and for no known reason. Is there any legal action that I could pursue. This has cost me a fortune over the past year and this behavior seems unacceptable by the company.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Hello. I assume they must have some underlying reason for terminating your relationship with them, and I am surprised that if that is true, they are not telling you. You can probably sue them in small claims court, depending on the amount you've invested and are trying to get back. Once you sue, they will most likely raise any defenses they have and the reason, if any, for your termination. You might also send a written demand for the return of your investment, threatening to sue if they fail to comply. Perhaps when they receive your demand and threat to sue they will either refund your money or at least give you some reasons why they terminated your relationship with them.