Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Question 56 1 points Save Some U.S. bribery laws

Customer Question

Question 56 1 points Save
Some U.S. bribery laws are directed toward accountants.
Question 56 answers
True
False

Question 57 text Question 57 1 points Save
Under the principle of rights theory, one person's set of values is as "right" as another's.
Question 57 answers
True
False

Question 58 text Question 58 2 points Save
Trudy and Uri enter into a contract for the sale of Trudy's house for which Uri agrees to pay her $250,000. Uri wants to transfer his right to the ownership of the house to Val, his niece. This transfer generally
Question 58 answers
cannot be prohibited.
cannot be allowed.
can be prevented.
can be circumvented.

Question 59 text Question 59 2 points Save
Ira orally agrees to buy a unique collection of sports memorabilia for $1,000 from Jane and sends her $250 as a down payment. When Ira sends her the rest of the price, Jane refuses to ship Ira the collection. Ira should seek
Question 59 answers
damages.
reformation.
rescission.
specific performance.

Question 60 text Question 60 2 points Save
Fact Pattern 10-3
Estelle enters into a contract to buy 132 acres from Desmond to subdivide and sell in quarter-acre lots for Country Acres, a residential development.

Refer to Fact Pattern 10-3. If Desmond breaches the contract, Estelle's remedy would most likely be
Question 60 answers
a certain ratio of the amount that Desmond has in liquid funds.
a percentage of Desmond's unrealized profit.
the difference between the land's contract and market prices.
specific performance.

Question 61 text Question 61 2 points Save
Joy and Kris enter into a contract for Kris to lay sod in Joy's yard for which she agrees to pay Kris. When Kris's schedule conflicts, she contacts Leza, to whom Kris "assigns all rights under the contract." Kris is
Question 61 answers
absolved of any liability under the contract.
in breach of the contract with Joy.
liable to Joy if Leza does not perform.
liable to Leza for inducing a prohibited contract.

Question 62 text Question 62 2 points Save
Refined Commodities, Inc., agrees to deliver ten tons of sheet metal to Select Builders Corporation. The agreement states that delivery is to be within "3" days, although the parties intend "30" days. Refined cannot convince Select to amend the contract. Refined should seek
Question 62 answers
damages.
reformation.
rescission.
specific performance.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
Question 56 1 points Save
Question 56 answers

True

Question 57 answers
True

Question 58 answers
cannot be prohibited.

Question 59 answers

specific performance.

Fact Pattern 10-3

Question 60 answers

specific performance.

Question 61 answers
liable to Joy if Leza does not perform.

Question 62 answers
reformation.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Hi Paul. I have checked my homework grade. But it shows that I only get 67%. I am so confused.
I do not understand why or what happened, especially since answers were double checked.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I also cannot understand, but it just showed the percentage and there is no detail about the grade.

I truly do not know what to tell you.