Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Question 2 1 points Save If a contract condition

Question 2 1 points Save
If a contract condition is not satisfied, the obligations of the contracting parties are discharged.
True
False
Question 3 1 points Save
A third party's right to control the details of performance of a contract indicates that the third party is an intended beneficiary.
True
False
Question 4 1 points Save
A novation revokes and discharges a prior contract.
True
False
Question 5 2 points Save
Jo files a suit against Lara in a Missouri state court. Lara's only connection to Missouri is an ad on the Web originating in Nebraska. For Missouri to exercise jurisdiction, the issue is whether Lara, through her ad, has
a commercial cyber presence in Missouri.
conducted substantial business with Missouri residents.
general maximum contact with Missouri.
solicited virtual business in Missouri.
Question 6 2 points Save
In Harley's suit against Irma, the parties meet before going to trial, and each party's attorney argues the party's case before the other party. A third party renders an opinion as to how a court would likely decide the dispute. This is
a mini-trial.
arbitration.
a summary jury trial.
early neutral case evaluation.
Question 7 2 points Save
Fact Pattern 3-1
Java Cafes, Inc., and Kaffe Import Corporation dispute a term in their contract.
Refer to Fact Pattern 3-1. The least expensive method to resolve the dispute between Java and Kaffe may be
arbitration because the case will be heard by a mini-jury.
litigation because each party will pay its own legal fees.
mediation because the dispute will be resolved by a non-expert.
negotiation because no third parties are needed.
Question 8 2 points Save
Olsen Grocery Company files a suit against Pickle Products, Inc. Pickle responds that even if Olsen's statement of the facts is true, according to the law Pickle is not liable. This is
a counterclaim.
a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
a motion for summary judgment.
a motion to dismiss.
Question 9 2 points Save
Sam, a citizen of New Mexico, wants to file a suit against Tanya, a citizen of Texas. Their diversity of citizenship may be a basis for
any court to exercise in rem jurisdiction.
a federal district court to exercise original jurisdiction.
a U.S. court of appeals to exercise appellate jurisdiction.
the United States Supreme Court to issue a writ of certiorari.
Question 10 2 points Save
Jean is playing a computer game on a bad disk that melts in her drive, starting a fire that injures her hands. Jean files a suit against K-Tech, Inc., the game's manufacturer. K-Tech is held liable under the doctrine of strict liability. A significant application of this doctrine is in the area of
cyber torts.
intentional torts.
product liability.
unintentional torts.
Question 11 2 points Save
A state statute requires machinery in industrial plants to include automatic shut-off switches accessible to each employee working on the machine. Steel Company's (SC's) equipment does not have the switches. Trudy, an SC employee, suffers an injury that an accessible shut-off switch would have prevented. Trudy's best theory for recovery against SC is
assumption of risk.
negligence per se.
res ipsa loquitur.
strict liability.
Question 12 2 points Save
Cook's Pantry Appliances, a retail store, must use reasonable care on its premises to warn its patrons of
all risks.
hidden risks.
obvious risks.
no risks.
Question 13 2 points Save
OK Dry-Cleaning advertises so effectively that the regular customers of its competitor Purity Cleaners patronize OK instead of Purity. This is
appropriation.
conversion.
wrongful interference with a contractual relationship.
none of these choices.
Question 14 2 points Save
Leon files a suit against Moira, a medical doctor, alleging negligence. As a physician, Moira is held to the standard of
a blameless individual.
a faultless ordinary person.
a reliable professional.
a reasonable physician.
Question 34 1 points Save
International law is the law of a foreign nation and varies from country to country.
True
False
Question 35 1 points Save
A court's direction to a party to do or to refrain from doing a particular act is a rescission.
True
False
Question 36 1 points Save
The First Amendment does not protect commercial speech as extensively as noncommercial speech.
True
False
Question 37 1 points Save
Service of process is the process of obtaining information from an opposing party before trial.
True
False
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Question 2 1 points Save
True

Question 3 1 points Save
True

Question 4 1 points Save
True

Question 5 2 points Save
solicited virtual business in Missouri.

Question 6 2 points Save

early neutral case evaluation.

Question 7 2 points Save
Fact Pattern 3-1

Question 8 2 points Save
a motion to dismiss.

Question 9 2 points Save

Question 10 2 points Save
product liability.

Question 11 2 points Save

strict liability.

Question 12 2 points Save
all risks.

Question 13 2 points Save

none of these choices.

Question 14 2 points Save
a reasonable physician.

Question 34 1 points Save
True

Question 35 1 points Save

False

Question 36 1 points Save
True

Question 37 1 points Save

False

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.