Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Question 34 1 points Save The terms "procedural due process"

Question 34 1 points Save

The terms "procedural due process" and "equal protection" mean the same thing.

True

False

Question 35 1 points Save

In most states, the courts no longer grant "equitable" remedies.

True

False

Question 36 1 points Save

A court's direction to a party to do or to refrain from doing a particular act is a rescission.

True

False

Question 37 1 points Save

A motion for a judgment notwithstanding the verdict seeks to set aside a verdict and enter a new verdict in favor of the nonprevailing party.

True

False

Question 38 1 points Save

The verdict in a summary jury trial is binding.

True

False

Question 39 1 points Save

A court cannot exercise jurisdiction over an out-of-state defendant who has only done business in the state over the Internet.

True

False
Question 41 2 points Save

Saf-T Storage, Inc. (SSI), offers to sell a warehouse to Richfield Investments. Richfield says that it will pay SSI $100 to hold the offer open for three business days. This

creates an illegal contract by adding a clause to SSI's offer.

makes the offer irrevocable for three days if SSI accepts.

negates SSI's offer by changing the price term.

voids SSI's offer by extending the time term.

Question 42 2 points Save

Fact Pattern 8-1
Dave's Hobby Town and Eva's Yarn Shoppe are adjacent stores with adjoining parking lots. Dave offers Eva a discount on purchases from Dave's store if Eva will not tow the cars of Dave's customers who park in Eva's lot.

Refer to Fact Pattern 8-1. Dave's discount is legally sufficient consideration

because it is a promise of something of value.

only if Dave adds a cash rebate.

only if Eva uses it.

under no circumstances.

Question 43 2 points Save

Peter offers to pay Quik Delivery (QD) $50 if it picks up and delivers to him a package from Rico within 30 minutes. QD can accept the offer only by meeting the deadline. If QD performs as directed, these parties will have

a bilateral contract.

a trilateral contract.

a unilateral contract.

no contract.

Question 44 2 points Save

Magic Math Corporation makes business accounting software, which is packaged with a shrink-wrap agreement. National Distribution Company distributes the software to retailers, including an Office Stuff store, where Peg buys a package of it. The parties to the shrink-wrap agreement are

Magic Math and National Distribution only.

Magic Math and Peg only.

Magic Math, National Distribution, Office Stuff, and Peg.

Office Stuff and Peg only.

Question 45 2 points Save

Cole drives into Dino's Service Station and asks Erin, the attendant, to fill the tank in Cole's hybrid vehicle. After Erin fills the tank, but before Cole pays for the gas, any contract between Cole and Dino's is

executed.

executory.

quasi.

unenforceable.

Question 46 1 points Save

Any lawful contract can form the potential basis for an action based on wrongful interference with a contractual relationship.

True

False

Question 47 1 points Save

Fraud occurs only when there is reliance on a statement of opinion.

True

False

Question 48 1 points Save

Harm must be foreseeable to be considered the proximate cause of an injury in negligence.

True

False

Question 49 1 points Save

Publishing false information about another's product is conversion.

True

False

Question 50 2 points Save

Boz runs an illegal gambling business and pays Colin, a police officer, not to interfere. The payments are discovered. Boz and Colin are sent to prison. With respect to the amount of the payments, Boz can recover

all of it.

none of it.

only as much as Colin has not spent.

only as much as Colin has spent.

Question 51 2 points Save

Cray returns a digital music player that he bought from Discount City, which refunds the price. Their exchange involves

emancipation.

ratification.

restitution.

severability.

Question 52 2 points Save

A court adjudicates Huck mentally incompetent and appoints Inez to be his guardian. Later, without Inez's knowledge, Huck signs a contract to sell his farm to Kyle for its real market value. The contract is

enforceable if Huck comprehended the consequences.

enforceable if Huck knew the market value of the farm.

enforceable if Huck was the record owner of the farm.

void.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Question 34 1 points Save

False

Question 35 1 points Save

False

Question 36 1 points Save

False

Question 37 1 points Save

False

Question 38 1 points Save

False

Question 39 1 points Save

False

Question 41 2 points Save

Question 42 2 points Save

Fact Pattern 8-1

Question 43 2 points Save

a bilateral contract.

Question 44 2 points Save

Magic Math and Peg only.

Question 45 2 points Save

executed.

Question 46 1 points Save

True

Question 47 1 points Save

False

Question 48 1 points Save

True

Question 49 1 points Save

False

Question 50 2 points Save

none of it.

Question 51 2 points Save

restitution.

Question 52 2 points Save

void.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.