Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Question 16 1 points Save A covenant not to sue is the substitution

Question 16 1 points Save

A covenant not to sue is the substitution of a contractual obligation for a legal action.

True

False

Question 17 1 points Save

Resolving whether a promise should be enforced is the essence of contract law.

True

False

Question 18 1 points Save

To be legally sufficient, consideration must include something of economic value.

True

False

Question 19 2 points Save

Serene City enacts an ordinance that bans the use of "sound amplifying systems" on public streets. Tyler wants to campaign for a seat on the city council by broadcasting his message through speakers mounted on a truck. In Tyler's suit against the city, a court would likely hold the ordinance to be

an unconstitutional restriction of speech.

constitutional under the First Amendment.

justified by the need to protect individual rights.

necessary to protect national interests.

Question 20 2 points Save

Bailey, the president of Carmichael Commodities Company, claims that certain actions by the federal government and by the state of Delaware infringe on rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. All of these rights limit

neither Delaware nor the federal government.

the federal government only.

Delaware and the federal government.

Delaware only.

Question 21 2 points Save

Wisconsin, like other states, may regulate private activities to protect or promote the public order, health, safety, and general welfare under its

police powers.

taxing powers.

spending powers.

supreme powers.

Question 22 2 points Save

In Ben v. City Car Dealership, a state supreme court held that a minor could cancel a contract for the sale of a car. Now a trial court in the same state is deciding Daphne v. Even Steven Auto Deals, Inc., a case with similar facts. Under the doctrine of stare decisis, the trial court is likely to

allow the minor the Daphne case to cancel the contract.

disregard the Ben case.

order the minor in the Daphne case to cancel the contract.

require the minor in the Daphne case to fulfill the contract.

Question 23 2 points Save

Crater Tools Company is subject to regulations issued by the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). Like other federal administrative agencies, the OSHA was created by

Congress, through enabling legislation.

the Federal Trade Commission, through the rulemaking process.

the president, through an executive order.

the U.S. Department of Labor, through a final order.

Question 24 1 points Save

To be enforceable, a contract for a sale of goods priced at $50 or more must be in writing.

True

False

Question 25 1 points Save

A contract involving a sale is the only contract relating to an interest in land that must be in writing to be enforceable.

True

False

Question 26 1 points Save

A contract must be in writing to be enforceable unless its performance is impossible within one year.

True

False

Question 27 1 points Save

A severable contract is unenforceable as a violation of public policy.

True

False

Question 28 2 points Save

Lyle, vice-president of sales for Mi-T Electric, Inc., adheres to Judeo-Christian religious ethical standards. With respect to their application, these standards are

absolute.

analytical.

discretionary.

utilitarian.

Question 29 2 points Save

Peak & Vale Accountants provides other firms with accounting services. Questions of what is ethical involve the extent to which Peak & Vale has

a legal duty beyond those duties mandated by ethics.

an ethical duty beyond those duties mandated by law.

any duty beyond those mandated by both ethics and the law.

any duty when it is uncertain whether a legal duty exists.

Question 30 2 points Save

Halley, a lawyer on the staff of International Group, applies the utilitarian theory of ethics in business contexts. Utilitarianism focuses on

moral values.

religious beliefs.

the consequences of an action.

the nature of an action.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Question 16 1 points Save

True

Question 17 1 points Save

True

Question 18 1 points Save

False

Question 19 2 points Save

Question 20 2 points Save

Delaware and the federal government.

Question 21 2 points Save

police powers.

Question 22 2 points Save

Question 23 2 points Save

Congress, through enabling legislation.

Question 24 1 points Save

True

Question 25 1 points Save

False

Question 26 1 points Save

True

Question 27 1 points Save

False

Question 28 2 points Save

utilitarian.

Question 29 2 points Save

Question 30 2 points Save

the consequences of an action.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.