Law Pro, Attorney
Experience:  20 years experience in business law - sole proprietor, partnership, and corporations

for PaulMJD Question 12 2 points Save Liz trespasses

Customer Question

for PaulMJD
Question 12 2 points Save
Liz trespasses on Mega Corporation's property. Through the use of reasonable force, Mega's security guard Ned detains Liz until the police arrive. Mega is liable for
assault and battery.
false imprisonment.
intentional infliction of emotional distress.
none of these choices.
Question 13 2 points Save
Frank slips and falls on Guy's Harbor Tour Boat and is injured. Frank files a suit against Guy's for $500,000. If Frank is 20 percent at fault and Guy's is 80 percent, under the "50 percent rule" comparative negligence principles, Frank would recover
$0.
$250,000.
$400,000.
$500,000.
Question 14 2 points Save
Glen falsely accuses Hu of stealing from Island Tours, Inc., their employer. Glen's statement is defamatory only if
a third party hears it.
Hu has not been caught.
the statement is puffery.
the statement is true.
Question 16 1 points Save
The doctrine of promissory estoppel requires a clear and definite promise.
True
False
Question 17 1 points Save
A partnering agreement reduces the likelihood that a dispute will arise under a contract.
True
False
Question 18 1 points Save
An effective offer requires reasonably certain terms.
True
False
Question 4 1 points Save
The injury suffered by a nonbreaching party due to the breach of a contract may be remedied by payment of compensatory damages.
True
False
Question 5 2 points Save
Ula wants to initiate a suit against Valley Farms by filing a complaint. The complaint should include
an explanation to refute any defense the defendant might assert.
a motion for summary judgment.
a motion to dismiss.
a statement of the facts necessary to show Ula is entitled to relief.
Question 6 2 points Save
Transnational Corporation and United Shipping, Inc., agree to a contract that includes an arbitration clause. If a dispute arises, a court having jurisdiction may
monitor any arbitration until it concludes.
order an arbitrator to rule in a particular way.
order a party to bring the dispute to court.
order a party to submit to arbitration.
Question 8 2 points Save
Olsen Grocery Company files a suit against Pickle Products, Inc. Pickle responds that even if Olsen's statement of the facts is true, according to the law Pickle is not liable. This is
a counterclaim.
a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
a motion for summary judgment.
a motion to dismiss.
Question 10 2 points Save
Liu enters Mountain Triathlon, an athletic competition in which Liu has never competed. Regarding the risk of injury, Liu assumes the risks
attributable to the Triathlon in any way.
different from the risks normally associated with the Triathlon.
greater than the risks normally associated with the Triathlon.
normally associated with the Triathlon.
Question 57 1 points Save
If an action is ethical from an outcome-based perspective, it is always ethical from a duty-based perspective.
True
False
Question 59 2 points Save
Esther and Faisal agree that Esther will fix Faisal's car in exchange for his paying a preexisting debt owed by Esther to Gladys. Gladys is
an assignee.
an intended beneficiary.
an incidental beneficiary.
a delegatee.
Question 60 2 points Save
Drew contracts to sell a residential duplex to Evan. The contract provides that if Drew does not close the deal by September 15, he must pay Evan one-half of the contract price. This provision is not enforceable because it is
a liquidated damages clause.
a mitigation clause.
a nominal damages clause.
a penalty clause.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
I think this was answered in the other thread.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question 2 1 points Save

Compensatory damages are foreseeable damages that arise from a party's breach of a contract.

True

False

Question 3 1 points Save

A contract can prevent the assignment of the right to receive funds.

True

False

Question 4 1 points Save

All rights can be assigned.

True

False

Question 5 2 points Save

Carol files a suit against Downwind Boat Corporation. Downwind responds that it appears from the pleadings the parties do not dispute the facts and the only question is how the law applies to those facts. Downwind supports this response with witnesses' sworn statements. This is

a counterclaim.

a motion for judgment on the pleadings.

a motion for summary judgment.

a motion to dismiss.

Question 6 2 points Save

In Harley's suit against Irma, the parties meet before going to trial, and each party's attorney argues the party's case before the other party. A third party renders an opinion as to how a court would likely decide the dispute. This is

a mini-trial.

arbitration.

a summary jury trial.

early neutral case evaluation.

Question 7 2 points Save

Kit loses her suit against Lou in a Minnesota state trial court. Kit appeals to the state court of appeals and loses again. Kit would appeal next to

a U.S. district court.

the Minnesota Supreme Court.

the United States Supreme Court.

the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Eighth Circuit.

Question 8 2 points Save

Molly files a suit against Naomi. They meet, and each party's attorney argues the party's case before a judge and jury. The jury presents an advisory verdict, after which the judge meets with the parties to encourage them to settle their dispute. This is

court-ordered arbitration.

early neutral case evaluation.

a mini-trial.

a summary jury trial.

Question 9 2 points Save

Fact Pattern 3-1
Java Cafes, Inc., and Kaffe Import Corporation dispute a term in their contract.

Refer to Fact Pattern 3-1. If Java and Kaffe have a long-standing business relationship that they would like to continue, a preferred method of settling their dispute may be mediation because

the case will be heard by a mini-jury.

the dispute will eventually go to trial.

the process is not adversarial.

the resolution of the dispute will be decided an expert.

Question 10 2 points Save

An Iowa state statute requires amusement parks to maintain equipment in specific condition for the protection of patrons. Jack's Fun Park fails to maintain its equipment. Key, a patron, is injured. Jack's has committed

a dram shop act.

contributory negligence.

negligence per se.

res ipsa loquitur.

Question 11 2 points Save

Ike pushes Joan, who falls and breaks her arm. Ike is liable for the injury

if Ike intended to push Joan.

only if Ike did not intend to break Joan's arm.

only if Ike had a bad motive for pushing Joan.

only if Ike intended to break Joan's arm.

Question 12 2 points Save

$0.

$250,000.

$400,000.

$500,000.

Question 13 2 points Save

Bella owns a farm in Colorado. Doyle drives his sport utility vehicle off a highway and onto Bella's land. Doyle commits trespass if he

does not have Bella's permission to drive on the property.

drives onto the property for recreational purposes.

harms the property in a material way.

harms the property in any way.

Question 14 2 points Save

Joy invites Ken into her apartment. Ken commits trespass to land if he

enters the apartment with fraudulent intent.

harms the apartment in any way.

makes disparaging remarks about Joy to others.

refuses to leave when Joy asks him to go.

I just did this in another request from you. If you could please refrain from making duplicate requests it would make things easier for me to follow you and know what needs to be answered and what does not and please do not forget to click on accept for the new question set. Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Have you working on other questions that I have posted???
I think so, but as I explained you have to accept each set of answers I give you separately.