FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Attorney
Experience:  25 years of experience helping people like you.
9968427

Question 12 2 points Save Kai files a suit against

Customer Question

Question 12 2 points Save
Kai files a suit against Lana based on one of Lana's statements that Kai alleges is fraudulent. To give rise to fraud, the statement must be one of
emotion.
fact.
illusion.
opinion.

Question 13 2 points Save
An Iowa state statute requires amusement parks to maintain equipment in specific condition for the protection of patrons. Jack's Fun Park fails to maintain its equipment. Key, a patron, is injured. Jack's has committed
a dram shop act.
contributory negligence.
negligence per se.
res ipsa loquitur.

Question 14 2 points Save
Ike pushes Joan, who falls and breaks her arm. Ike is liable for the injury
if Ike intended to push Joan.
only if Ike did not intend to break Joan's arm.
only if Ike had a bad motive for pushing Joan.
only if Ike intended to break Joan's arm.

Question 15 2 points Save
Based on our discussion of this topic in clase, please describe the essence of the meaning of the term fraudulent misrepresentation in one word. (One word only. No credit will be given for answers exceeding one word.)

NormalHeading 1Heading 2Heading 3Heading 4Heading 5AddressFormatted (NNN) NNN-NNNN ArialArial BlackBook AntiquaCentury GothicComic SansCourier NewGaramondGeorgiaSymbolTahomaTimes New RomanVerdana

Path: body

Question 16 1 points Save
Normally, a court of law will not question the adequacy of consideration.
True
False

Question 17 1 points Save
A bargained-for exchange is one of the elements of consideration.
True
False

12. Dian, a clerk at an Entertainment Unlimited store, takes a DVD player from the store without permission. Dian is liable for
Question 12 answers
appropriation.
benefiting an employee.
conversion.
wrongful interference with a business relationship.

Question 55 text
When talking about our hypothetical lemonade stand in class, we covered the economic concept of negative externatlities, which is when society at large and/or specific parties not participating in a transaction must bear some of the economic costs of the transaction. In our example, the lemonade company was externalizing some of its costs by not cleaning up its own lemon peels. The company was making more profit than they would have made had they properly disposed of their lemon peels, and other people had to deal with the negative effects and/or clean up costs of the lemon peels. When discussing this topic in class, there was a general consensus among people participating in the discussion that the company's behavior was unethical based on which of the following approaches to ethics?
Question 55 answers
A. Kantian Ethics, i.e., The Categorical Imperative
B. The Principle of Rights
C. Both A, Kantian Ethics, and B, The Principle of Rights.
D. None of the Above
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 2 years ago.
Sorry.....too many of these I don't know so I'll opt out.
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 2 years ago.
New expert here. I am happy to assist you.

Question 12 2 points Save

fact.
.

Question 13 2 points Save

res ipsa loquitur.

Question 15 2 points Save

Lie

Question 16 1 points Save
True

Question 17 1 points Save

False

Question 12 answers

conversion.

Question 55 text
Question 55 answers