Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.

Question 19 2 points Save Vacation Village enacts

Customer Question

Question 19 2 points Save
Vacation Village enacts an ordinance to allow only a few street vendors to operate in certain areas, for the purpose of reducing traffic. A court would likely subject this ordinance to
a police power test under the commerce clause.
a "rational basis" test under the equal protection clause.
intermediate scrutiny under the due process clause.
strict scrutiny under the First Amendment.
Question 20 2 points Save
The Constitution provides that no person shall be deprived of "life, liberty, or property without due process of law." Under this clause, "persons" include
animals and other "beings in nature."
buildings and other "manmade creations."
corporations and other "legal persons."
none of these choices.
Question 21 2 points Save
In a suit against Sandy, Taylor obtains a remedy. In the U.S. legal system, this remedy will most likely be
an injunction.
damages.
rescission.
specific performance.
Question 22 2 points Save
Congress enacts a law prohibiting toys made in China from being sold in the United States. The Hawaii state legislature enacts a law allowing the sale of Chinese-made toys. Hawaii's law will most likely be
rendered invalid under the supremacy clause.
rendered valid the free exercise clause.
struck down under the due process clause.
upheld under the commerce clause.
Question 23 2 points Save
Business Markets Coalition (BMC), a political lobbying group, wants a certain policy enacted into law. If BMC's policy conflicts with the U.S. Constitution, a law embodying it can be enacted by
any state legislature and Congress.
any state legislature but not Congress.
Congress but not any state legislature.
none of these choices.
Question 24 1 points Save
An illegal contract is valid if the parties to it were unaware of the illegality.
True
False
Question 25 1 points Save
A covenant not to compete is enforceable only if it is necessary to restrain trade.
True
False
Question 26 1 points Save
A severable contract is unenforceable as a violation of public policy.
True
False
Question 27 1 points Save
A person who enters into a contract when he or she is intoxicated can void the contract if the terms are obviously favorable to the other party.
True
False
Question 28 2 points Save
Tilly, the chief financial officer for USA Products Corporation, attempts to apply Christian precepts in making ethical decisions and in doing business. In applying duty-based ethical standards that are derived from a religious source, Tilly would consider the motive behind an act to be
irrelevant.
the least important consideration.
the most important consideration.
the only consideration.
Question 29 2 points Save
Dion, an accountant for Entertainment Sports, Inc., attempts to apply a duty-based approach to ethical reasoning in conflicts that occur on the job. This approach is based on the idea that a person must
achieve the greatest good for the most people.
avoid unethical behavior regardless of the consequences.
conform to society's ethical standards.
place his or her employer's interest first.
Question 30 2 points Save
Kennedy Capital Corporation provides other firms with funds to expand operations. If Kenney strictly complies with existing laws, the firm will
fulfill all business ethics obligations.
fulfill no business ethics obligations.
fulfill some business ethics obligations.
not need to fulfill any business ethics obligations.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.

Question 19 2 points Save

Question 20 2 points Save
corporations and other "legal persons."

Question 21 2 points Save

damages.

Question 22 2 points Save

Question 23 2 points Save

none of these choices.

Question 24 1 points Save

False

Question 25 1 points Save

False

Question 26 1 points Save

False

Question 27 1 points Save

False

Question 28 2 points Save

the least important consideration.

Question 29 2 points Save

Question 30 2 points Save

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question 34 1 points Save Equity is a branch of unwritten law that seeks to supply remedies of equal measure to the parties in a legal dispute. True False Question 35 1 points Save The First Amendment does not protect commercial speech as extensively as noncommercial speech. True False Question 36 1 points Save A court may depart from a precedent if the court decides that the precedent should no longer be followed. True False Question 37 1 points Save Mandatory arbitration clauses in employment contracts are not enforceable. True False Question 38 1 points Save In most states, if neither party requests a jury, there will be no jury trial. True False Question 39 1 points Save A judge instructs a jury as to the law that applies in a case. True False Question 41 2 points Save Dot, a real estate agent, tells Elbert, a home seller, that her commission is 12 percent. Elbert agrees that Dot can sell his house but refuses to sign a contract unless the amount of the commission is reduced. After the house is sold, Elbert refuses to pay 12 percent. Dot is most likely to recover nothing. on a theory of an express contract. on a theory of an implied-in-fact contract. on a theory of quasi contract. Question 42 2 points Save Saf-T Storage, Inc. (SSI), offers to sell a warehouse to Richfield Investments. Richfield says that it will pay SSI $100 to hold the offer open for three business days. This creates an illegal contract by adding a clause to SSI's offer. makes the offer irrevocable for three days if SSI accepts. negates SSI's offer by changing the price term. voids SSI's offer by extending the time term. Question 43 2 points Save Fact Pattern 8-1 Dave's Hobby Town and Eva's Yarn Shoppe are adjacent stores with adjoining parking lots. Dave offers Eva a discount on purchases from Dave's store if Eva will not tow the cars of Dave's customers who park in Eva's lot. Refer to Fact Pattern 8-1. Dave's discount is legally sufficient consideration because it is a promise of something of value. only if Dave adds a cash rebate. only if Eva uses it. under no circumstances. Question 44 2 points Save On behalf of the rock group Uno, their manager Thalia agrees to a performance in Seaside Amphitheatre on July 4. Rex, acting for Seaside Productions, sends a written copy of the agreement to Thalia to be signed. Typically, businesspersons put their contracts in writing to ensure proof of the contracts' existence. create substance from form. obtain a check or other negotiable instrument. practice their "letters of credit." Question 45 2 points Save Fact Pattern 8-3 Dex and Carmen are in an auto accident. Dex offers Carmen $2,000 if she promises not to pursue her potential legal claim against Dex. Carmen agrees. Later, Carmen discovers that it will cost $1,500 to repair her car and $4,000 to cover the medical expenses for a latent injury. Refer to Fact Pattern 8-3. In Carmen's suit against Dex to recover her repair and medical expenses, Carmen will most likely recover half the amount to pay the costs over what Dex already paid Carmen. nothing. the estimated amount to pay those costs and any other liability. the exact amount to pay those costs and no more. Question 46 1 points Save Publishing false information about another's product is conversion. True False Question 47 1 points Save Harm must be foreseeable to be considered the proximate cause of an injury in negligence. True False Question 48 1 points Save An individual's right to privacy includes the exclusive use of his or her identity. True False Question 49 1 points Save To determine whether a duty of care has been breached, a judge asks how he or she would have acted in the same circumstances. True False Question 50 2 points Save Cross-Country Trucking Company contracts with Baldwin to transport crated goods to a certain destination for $5,000. Cross-Country delivers the crates, but Baldwin does not pay. Cross-Country learns do nothing with respect to the contract. recover $5,000 from Baldwin. recover the goods but not the $5,000 from Baldwin. recover the goods or the $5,000 from Baldwin. Question 51 2 points Save Lem buys a used MP3 player for $50 and a new laptop for $1,500, and signs a one-year employment contract for a $4,000 monthly salary to start at the beginning of the next month. The Statute of Frauds covers the employment contract, and the laptop and MP3 purchases. the employment contract and the laptop purchase only. the employment contract only. the laptop and MP3 purchases only.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Question 12 2 points Save
Liz trespasses on Mega Corporation's property. Through the use of reasonable force, Mega's security guard Ned detains Liz until the police arrive. Mega is liable for
assault and battery.
false imprisonment.
intentional infliction of emotional distress.
none of these choices.
Question 13 2 points Save
Frank slips and falls on Guy's Harbor Tour Boat and is injured. Frank files a suit against Guy's for $500,000. If Frank is 20 percent at fault and Guy's is 80 percent, under the "50 percent rule" comparative negligence principles, Frank would recover
$0.
$250,000.
$400,000.
$500,000.
Question 14 2 points Save
Glen falsely accuses Hu of stealing from Island Tours, Inc., their employer. Glen's statement is defamatory only if
a third party hears it.
Hu has not been caught.
the statement is puffery.
the statement is true.
Question 16 1 points Save
The doctrine of promissory estoppel requires a clear and definite promise.
True
False
Question 17 1 points Save
A partnering agreement reduces the likelihood that a dispute will arise under a contract.
True
False
Question 18 1 points Save
An effective offer requires reasonably certain terms.
True
False
Question 4 1 points Save
The injury suffered by a nonbreaching party due to the breach of a contract may be remedied by payment of compensatory damages.
True
False
Question 5 2 points Save
Ula wants to initiate a suit against Valley Farms by filing a complaint. The complaint should include
an explanation to refute any defense the defendant might assert.
a motion for summary judgment.
a motion to dismiss.
a statement of the facts necessary to show Ula is entitled to relief.
Question 6 2 points Save
Transnational Corporation and United Shipping, Inc., agree to a contract that includes an arbitration clause. If a dispute arises, a court having jurisdiction may
monitor any arbitration until it concludes.
order an arbitrator to rule in a particular way.
order a party to bring the dispute to court.
order a party to submit to arbitration.
Question 8 2 points Save
Olsen Grocery Company files a suit against Pickle Products, Inc. Pickle responds that even if Olsen's statement of the facts is true, according to the law Pickle is not liable. This is
a counterclaim.
a motion for judgment on the pleadings.
a motion for summary judgment.
a motion to dismiss.
Question 10 2 points Save
Liu enters Mountain Triathlon, an athletic competition in which Liu has never competed. Regarding the risk of injury, Liu assumes the risks
attributable to the Triathlon in any way.
different from the risks normally associated with the Triathlon.
greater than the risks normally associated with the Triathlon.
normally associated with the Triathlon.
Question 57 1 points Save
If an action is ethical from an outcome-based perspective, it is always ethical from a duty-based perspective.
True
False
Question 59 2 points Save
Esther and Faisal agree that Esther will fix Faisal's car in exchange for his paying a preexisting debt owed by Esther to Gladys. Gladys is
an assignee.
an intended beneficiary.
an incidental beneficiary.
a delegatee.
Question 60 2 points Save
Drew contracts to sell a residential duplex to Evan. The contract provides that if Drew does not close the deal by September 15, he must pay Evan one-half of the contract price. This provision is not enforceable because it is
a liquidated damages clause.
a mitigation clause.
a nominal damages clause.
a penalty clause.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

please help me answer my questions. I really need the answers now.

Thanks,

Dandan

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
have you working on my questions.
I cannot work on the first set because everything is all together and I do not have time to separate the question and answers.

Question 12 2 points Save

none of these choices.

Question 13 2 points Save

$400,000.

Question 14 2 points Save

a third party hears it.

Question 16 1 points Save

True

Question 17 1 points Save
True

Question 18 1 points Save

True

Question 4 1 points Save

True

Question 5 2 points Save

Question 6 2 points Save

order a party to submit to arbitration.

Question 8 2 points Save

a motion to dismiss.

Question 10 2 points Save
normally associated with the Triathlon.

Question 57 1 points Save

False

Question 59 2 points Save

an intended beneficiary.

Question 60 2 points Save

a liquidated damages clause.