Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

Question 21 2 points The Constitution provides that

Question 21 2 points
The Constitution provides that no person shall be deprived of "life, liberty, or property without due process of law." Under this clause, "persons" include

animals and other "beings in nature."

buildings and other "manmade creations."

corporations and other "legal persons."

none of these choices.

Question 23 2 points Save

Bailey, the president of Carmichael Commodities Company, claims that certain actions by the federal government and by the state of Delaware infringe on rights guaranteed by the Bill of Rights. All of these rights limit

neither Delaware nor the federal government.

the federal government only.

Delaware and the federal government.

Delaware only.

Question 24 1 points Save

A contract involving property of any kind must be in writing to be enforceable.

True

False

Question 25 1 points Save

An illegal contract is valid if the parties to it were unaware of the illegality.

True

False

Question 28 2 points Save

Ryan, the owner of SuperMart Stores, Inc., adheres to the "principle of rights" theory. Under this theory, a key factor in determining whether a business decision is ethical is how that decision affects

the right determination under a cost-benefit analysis.

the rights of others.

the "right" thing to do.

the right to make a profit.

Question 29 2 points Save

Spencer Hydraulics Corporation's ethics committee is asked a business ethics questionshould the firm bid low to obtain a contract that it knows it can fulfill only at a higher price? A practical method to investigate and solve this question involves all of the following steps except

absolution.

decision.

inquiry.

justification.

Question 30 2 points Save

Kennedy Capital Corporation provides other firms with funds to expand operations. If Kenney strictly complies with existing laws, the firm will

fulfill all business ethics obligations.

fulfill no business ethics obligations.

fulfill some business ethics obligations.

not need to fulfill any business ethics obligations.

Question 34 1 points
The First Amendment does not protect commercial speech as extensively as noncommercial speech.

True

False
21- Corporations and other legal persons

23- Delaware and the federal government

24- false

25- false

28- the rights of others

29- absolution

30- fulfill some business ethics obligations

34- true

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
How am i going to pay you? $70 per month for unlimited questions?
If you have a subscription, then any of your accepts are covered under that one subscription price. Any new questions must be posted separately in a new thread and accepted separately. If you have questions about how your subscription works, please contact customer service through the help link at the bottom right of the home page. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Question 41 2 points
Magic Math Corporation makes business accounting software, which is packaged with a shrink-wrap agreement. National Distribution Company distributes the software to retailers, including an Office Stuff store, where Peg buys a package of it. The parties to the shrink-wrap agreement are

Magic Math and National Distribution only.

Magic Math and Peg only.

Magic Math, National Distribution, Office Stuff, and Peg.

Office Stuff and Peg only.

Question 44 2 points
Overnight Delivery Service delivers a package to Pam. At the request of Overnight's delivery person, to acknowledge receipt Pam signs a digital pad. This signing creates

a cybernotarized signature.

a digitized handwritten signature.

an asymmetric cryptosystemic signature.

a public-key infrastructure digital signature.

Question 51 2 points
Cross-Country Trucking Company contracts with Baldwin to transport crated goods to a certain destination for $5,000. Cross-Country delivers the crates, but Baldwin does not pay. Cross-Country learns that the crates contained stolen goods. Cross-Country can

do nothing with respect to the contract.

recover $5,000 from Baldwin.

recover the goods but not the $5,000 from Baldwin.

recover the goods or the $5,000 from Baldwin.

Question 59 2 points Save

Esther and Faisal agree that Esther will fix Faisal's car in exchange for his paying a preexisting debt owed by Esther to Gladys. Gladys is

an assignee.

an intended beneficiary.

an incidental beneficiary.

a delegatee.

Question 60 2 points Save

Home Delivery Corporation and Interstate Transport, Inc., sign an agreement that provides for the payment of "$1,000 by whichever party commits a material breach of the contract that creates damages difficult to estimate but approximately $1,000." This is

a liquidated damages clause.

a mitigation of damages clause.

a nominal damages clause.

a penalty clause.

Question 61 2 points Save

Fact Pattern 10-2
Haruko, who owns and operates Garden Orchard, agrees to sell Fresh Produce Cooperative ten bushels of apples.

Refer to Fact Pattern 10-2. When the market price for apples exceeds the price in the contract with Fresh Produce, Haruko decides not to deliver the apples. This

breaches the contract.

discharges the contract.

has no effect on the contract.

suspends the contract.

Question 62 2 points Save

Dino hires Eve to perform at Dino's Club, but Eve later breaches the agreement to accept a higher-paying job at First Star Arena. Dino files a suit against Eve. The court will most likely

award damages to Dino.

cancel Dino and Eve's contract.

order Eve to perform the contract.

reform Dino and Eve's contract.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Sir, i only got 20mins to finishthe upper questions! Please hlep me as soon as possible. I will reword you with a good tips! Thanks
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
I am sorry, I had to go offline, I am online generally from 7AM to 12:30 AM or so, if you still need this, will finish.