socrateaser, Attorney
Experience:  Retired (mostly)

ABC LLC and XYZ Corp. entered into a contract whereby ABC is

ABC LLC and XYZ Corp. entered into a contract whereby ABC is to supply XYZ with widgets. After receiving the first shipment of widgets, XYZ finds that the widgets, while meeting the physical standards specified in the contract, do not perform as XYZ anticipated. The contract is silent as to performance specifications, but XYZ suspects that ABC knew that it was manufacturing and supplying widgets that would not perform according to industry standard. XYZ initiates a lawsuit against ABC, alleging that ABC knowingly supplied defective widgets. What process will XYZ use to help it develop its case against ABC?

A. Pleadings
B. Motion for summary judgment
C. Discovery
D. Trial
Category: Business Law
Expert:  socrateaser replied 4 years ago.
B. Discovery is the process by which litigants obtain evidence to be used at summary judgment and/or trial.

Hope this helps.

NOTICE: My goal here is to educate the public about the law. Please help me in this effort by clicking Accept for my Answer to your Question. If you have a subscription account, clicking Accept does not create any additional charge. It merely gets me credit for my Answer.

And, if you need to contact me again, please put my user id on the title line of your question (“To Socrateaser”), and the system will send me an alert. Thanks!