WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.

What would you do with $100,000? Invest in Market? Downpayment

What would you do with $100,000? Invest in Market? Downpayment on a home? Buy a Porsche?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.
For the short term, I would short Apple Computer stock (AAPL) or buy AAPL put options.

The stock closed around $460 today, with a huge run up recently. While AAPL may rise further over the longer term, the stock is so inflated right now that it is certain to take a hit when the market cools off just a little bit, which it typically does at the beginning of the year.

The market did not cool off in January, despite the economy, and is likely to do so in February. Any little downturn in the marketed will mean a big sell off (for the short term only) in AAPL.

I have made a lot of money pursuing this strategy, and that is my recommendation.

Then you can buy the Porsche with the proceeds, and still have your $100,000 to invest.

Good luck to you. I hope it all turns out well.