MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I paid a dealer for a vehicle and he is having some repairs

Customer Question

I paid a dealer for a vehicle and he is having some repairs done on the vehicle. He claims that he can not get the mechanic to do the work. I know he is trying to resale it. I really need the vehicle for my business. I have a grant written with this specific vehicle my funding will be revoked and all of my hard work for the past 6 months will be waited. I am very stressed out. I am positive someone has offered him more for the vehicle. What can I say to keep him from selling it and repair it as agreed?( legal terms)
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Am I correct to assume you have an executed sales agreement for the vehicle, but that the vehicle is not yet titled or registered in your name?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tyed a sales agreement of my own and it was signed by both us. It is already registered. It has not been tranfered to my name yet.
ok, you should send the dealer a demand letter for the release of the vehicle promptly upon completion of the repair indicating that any other than release and particularly sale to another buyer would be a breach of your contract and you would file suit to enjoin the transfer of title to a new buyer.