How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask MShore Law Your Own Question
MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 25285
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
MShore Law is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I paid a dealer for a vehicle and he is having some repairs

Customer Question

I paid a dealer for a vehicle and he is having some repairs done on the vehicle. He claims that he can not get the mechanic to do the work. I know he is trying to resale it. I really need the vehicle for my business. I have a grant written with this specific vehicle my funding will be revoked and all of my hard work for the past 6 months will be waited. I am very stressed out. I am positive someone has offered him more for the vehicle. What can I say to keep him from selling it and repair it as agreed?( legal terms)
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. Am I correct to assume you have an executed sales agreement for the vehicle, but that the vehicle is not yet titled or registered in your name?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I tyed a sales agreement of my own and it was signed by both us. It is already registered. It has not been tranfered to my name yet.
Expert:  MShore Law replied 5 years ago.
ok, you should send the dealer a demand letter for the release of the vehicle promptly upon completion of the repair indicating that any other than release and particularly sale to another buyer would be a breach of your contract and you would file suit to enjoin the transfer of title to a new buyer.