WiseOwl58
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.
62735101

Thanks for your replies. I have a new but related question.

Thanks for your replies. I have a new but related question. I wrote my book (self-published) before I had worked out my business model. Unfortunately I wrote in the resources section:

Personal Advice

The author is available to address individual queries. Please see www.successinschool.com for details.

and I also said in the book that I am available for telephone "consultation".

I could recall the book and change it which would involve expense and hassle. I'm hoping that it doesn't matter what I said in the book that I can offer, as long as i'm clear on the website about the issues that we already discussed, and get them to agree to the terms etc.

Do I need to recall and change the book?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
No, I don't think you need to recall the book.

What I would suggest is that you separate the two areas, meaning that your terms of general information would apply to the website, but if you do offer personal advice to a client, you have them sign a separate agreement with you.

That separate agreement would state things such as you agree to keep their information confidential, a standard therapy agreement etc. They would have to enter into that with you to distinguish it from the general information that you are providing on the website.

I think you will be fine if you make a clear delineation between what you are doing with the two groups--the general information people versus the clients that you are giving individual consultation to and personal advice.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks. I now plan to not give personal advice but to stick with education. So what I'm now offering is different to what I intended when i wrote the book.

However I intend doing this on the phone...

It's similar to what you and I are doing now but by phone. They would have to go through the website to access me. If I make clear on the website that it's information, not advice, and get them to agree to the terms, is that ok?
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 2 years ago.
Oh, I see. Yes, what you are proposing should be absolutely fine.

Good luck with this.
WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience: Experienced business lawyer.