MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

I have a business and I had an idea to host online tournaments

I have a business and I had an idea to host online tournaments on Xbox live. In the Xbox live terms of use it states that Xbox live may not be used for commercial use. I have seen other businesses do this and are supported by Xbox (Microsoft). I would charge a membership fee for use of my service which makes it commercial. My question to you is how can I make a deal with Xbox or even somehow "partner" with them in order to use their service for my company?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You would need to contact the licensing division to obtain a license to use the product in the manner your contemplate. Please let me know if you need additional fees.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

How would I contact the licensing division and how would I make sure I could obtain a license to use the product?

You would call the Legal Department at(NNN) NNN-NNNN Your ability to obtain a license is in the sole discretion of the company. There is no way to make sure you obtain a license, though you can ensure the likelihood you receive the most favorable consideration, and this would be by drafting a licensing offer and submitting to the legal department.
Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The phone number you had given me was inncorrect. That number was for nintendo. I want to obtain a license from xbox, not nintendo.
I'm sorry, this is the Microsoft licensing number:(NNN) NNN-NNNN