MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

I have read that if a person establishes an Alaskan LLC and

Customer Question

I have read that if a person establishes an Alaskan LLC and the llc is sued and that suit is lost, the person who sues has only the ability to get a charging order issued against the LLC.

I ALSO READ THAT THE LLC can choose not to pay the charging order and that the person with the charging order has to pay income tax on the monies he does not recieve.

Is what I have read true???

Thank You XXXXX
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. It is true that a LLC shields owners of the LLC from personal liability in many instances and should the LLC be unable to satisfy a judgment entered against it, absent fraud, the judgment creditor is without recourse. But it is not true that a person has to pay taxes on income not received. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.