MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements

rr - es

Customer Question

I lost a domain dispute arbitrated by the National Arbitration Forum. They completely ignored actual case law and used their own bogus decisions to give their corporate client the outcome they desired. Is there anywhere that I can find some boiler plate forms and step by step guidance to serve them and sue them in federal court to get the domain name back? If not, how do I go about finding a reasonably priced lawyer who is competent in this field and not just some ambulance chaser?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. While boiler plate forms are not available for such a dispute, you would be best served by retaining counsel to file suit to invalidate the arbitration judgment. With respect to finding competent counsel, you should consider the PA Bar lawyer referral service:

Please let me know if you have any follow up questions.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I'm sorry, I don't mean to seem rude, but I truly found your answer to be pretty much useless. The bar referral system is not any better than looking in the phone book.
Just so that I understand your question clearly, you are looking for a referral source, or are you looking for something more?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I was looking for a referral that could give me more in depth information than just "they are lawyers that specialize in civil law". This case needs someone versed in IP and internet law. I also don't want someone who'll say "sure I'll give it a try for a couple thousand dollars". Another source steered me to the EFF and their list of cooperating lawyers.
ok, if I understand correctly, the botXXXXX XXXXXne here is that you are seeking to retain quality IP counsel? If so, consider researching only those attorneys whom have been recognized as among the best in their respective practice areas. If I were you, I would search for AV rated IP attorneys (only), and cross reference that list with local attorneys listed on The benefit of this approach is that the attorneys listed are endorsed by the respective bodies as being superior.