Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I want to sell backed good by mail on the internet. What type

I want to sell backed good by mail on the internet. What type of insurance and how much will I need to cover my ass, frankly speaking
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I am still waiting for an answer please try me again on monday today is saturday
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 5 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You need to insure the package with your shipper for the value of the merchandise and the shipping costs. It all depends on the shipper you are using as to the cost of the shipping.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
This does not even begin to answer my question. My question was if I am selling foodstuffs, specifically baked coffe cookies greek style, via internet and mail what kind of policy do I need and how musch insurence to I need to cover all possible continguencies, so that I don't loose my assets. Further will I need a commercial kitchen would have been my next question, would a church kitchen do if this is part fundraiser for the church?
Please forgive me, the misspelling threw me off as to what you were asking. As far as an insurance policy for baked goods, we are attorneys and not insurance agents and you would need to discuss this with a local business insurance agent, but generally for food sales a $500 thousand to $1 million general liability policy is suggested because if someone gets sick from your food the cost to you could be enormous if they sue.

The control of internet food sales is lacking and unlike local food sales where you would need a commercial kitchen area and permits and inspections by the Department of Health, internet sales do not have such legal requirements. It is best to use the church kitchen because in the event of any problems with your foods you can show compliance with food safety standards.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.