Michael
Michael, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced Business Lawyer
63832557

I have a investor interested in investing in my company. The

I have a investor interested in investing in my company. The investor is from UAE is this ok ? or is it illegal
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Michael replied 5 years ago.

Michael J. Duffy, Esq. :

It would mainly depend on the nature of your business entity and possibly the nature of the investment. The fact that the investor is from the UAE is not alone dis-positive of the potential investor's involvement.

Michael J. Duffy, Esq. :

1. If the investor wants to be an owner in your company, you would have to be organized as a a Corporation (rather than a partnership or LLC, for example). If you are organized as an S-Corp, for example, foreign nationals would generally be allowed to own shares in your corporation.

Michael J. Duffy, Esq. :

There are some industries that require regulatory or other approval for foreign investment, such as significant infrastructure components, energy projects, defense suppliers, etc., but I find it highly unlikely that those issues would affect you.

Michael J. Duffy, Esq. :

I hope this answer has been helpful. I'd be happy to further clarify my response and follow up with any other questions. If you're satisfied with my answer, remember to hit the "accept" button, and positive feedback is always appreciated! -Michael

Customer:

This is an s corp 100% owned by me. No public stock is out at this point.

Customer:

Sorry I ment a c corp

Michael J. Duffy, Esq. :

Yes, a foreign national can own shares of a C corp.