Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I am being sued for a large credit card amount that I dont

Customer Question

I am being sued for a large credit card amount that I dont believe I am reponsible for.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dimitry K., Esq. replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.

I am sorry that you are in this situation. To ensure I can assist you as best as possible, what specifically can I answer for you this evening?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Filling out the forms that i must file by friday. The Answer Contract has me confused. can you help me
I can do my best to help as I am familiar with the form. Just please be advised that I cannot fill it out for you. What specific questions do you have about this form?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
What boxes do I check
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I need help with what boxes to check on the PLD-10
My apologies but I cannot fill this form out for you. What I can say is that if you are denying all of the claims against you, including your personal information, you look to 3(a). Otherwise you click 3(b) and in the open box you type in all of the information, by number, that you found to be false. For example if complaint against you has your name as section 1, that is likely correct. Section 4 may claim you had a card, and that you are denying. So in that box you type in something akin to "Sec 4. Denied", and so forth. The complaint you received is numbered, which makes it a bit easier to respond.

Similarly as your affirmative defense you can place that you never had the card and never made the purchases.

Hope that helps.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Should I fill out anything more?
You fill out the whole form--if you are being sued, your name and information goes under the "defendant" box, and the person suing you goes into the "plaintiff" box. If you are not counter-suing, you should check off the "to complaint of" box and place the name of the party suing you, and then the case number. Above do not forget to place the court information. All of the sections have to be filled out for this complaint answer to be valid, and do not forget to sign at the end of the second page (and date it) or else it is not valid.

Good luck.