Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

How do I officially remove my business partner from my corporation?

Customer Question

How do I officially remove my business partner from my corporation? I am thinking of claiming Chapter 11 and want to be solely responsible as she was a silent partner.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Good afternoon. Is your business partner willing to voluntarily give up her interest or will this be an adverse process?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
MORE than willing, as I want to be the one solely responsible for trying to get us out of this mess.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Thanks... In that case, she merely needs to sign a Bill of Sale for her shares in the corporation, sign the stock certificate evidencing those shares and deliver both to you.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.