Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Hello, We formed an LLC in October of 2011 just to get the

We formed an LLC in October of 2011 just to get the paperwork ball rolling on our new business. We have had no sales and no income. Do we need to file any tax records for 2011 since there was no true business activity other than getting documents and accounts in order and there was no income?
Thanks so much.

Good afternoon. Yes...even though it had no activity, you will still need to file a return of the LLC showing all zero's. I'm sorry!

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.