Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

What would start up cost be for smallbusiness, retail sales,online

Customer Question

What would start up cost be for smallbusiness, retail sales,online auctions & internet sales,
LLC, sole member , licenses and filing fees?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

Will you have a physical location for your retail sales? Will you have employees? What types of things will you be selling online?

JACUSTOMER-vna4nxcz- :

no,only my address.

JACUSTOMER-vna4nxcz- :

no employees

JACUSTOMER-vna4nxcz- :

merchant services, credit card processing

JACUSTOMER-vna4nxcz- :

sorry, I have to go now. Do not charge me for this as I do not have any answers.

bizlaw :

If you made a deposit it remains in an account with Just Answer. YOu do not pay until you accept the answer. Your cost to form an LLC is $100 for the filing fee if you do it yourself. YOu can be your own registered agent using your home address. YOu may have to check with your local town to see if you have to have a business license for having a retail operation (where people come to buy things like a store) in your home. You will need a sales tax number and a resale certificate so you do not pay sales tax on products you are purchasing to resell. To obtain these things you will need to register your business in NE. Here is a link to the one stop registration process that you can use. Basically that is all you need. If you are selling online you should check on the sales tax requirements for CA and for NY as these two steps are being more aggressive about collecting sales tax on online sales to their residents. You probably will not need to collect sales taxes for those states initially but you should check as it may become an issue depending on your business.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.