Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

For Hawaii: Im just looking for the statute of limitations

For Hawaii: I'm just looking for the statute of limitations for business under mental health care for the state of Hawai'i
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
The statute of limitations apply to specific causes of action and not to businesses, so if you could please tell us what type of action you are seeking to bring, then we could assist you with the statute of limitations for that particular cause of action. Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
It's for damage concerning mental health through a company
If you are accusing the company of personally injurying your mental health, then this is a personal injury claim which in HI has a 2 year statute of limitations from the act you are claiming caused this damage.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
A case worker came to take care of me for about 4 years. After my mother died she went after my back pay stating that I was supposed to get money back in 3 months time in the form of a bonus. I have paperwork on all of this information. When she gave me a check it was on a closed account. I ended up having a mental breakdown as a result of this action for a long time after this and her boss advised me to take legal action. So I'd like to know what this would be covered under and what the statute of limitations on this would be, what action I can take, and how I can go about this. She warned me that Myself and my family would be in trouble if I told anyone. This happened about 5 years ago.
You have a case for breach of contract for sure, for not paying you back, which has a 6 year statute of limitations. You are beyond the personal injury statute of limitations, so you will not be able to sue for the mental distress. Also, there was fraud for giving you the bad check, but that too is beyond the 2 year statute of limitations. Thus, you would have to sue for breach of contract which has a 6 year statute of limitations.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thank you very much for your help!
Thank you.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Aloha Paul, I don’t know if you got my last email. That my attorney didn’t think it was a strong case. Which I can not except. I do have rights under mental health disability. And she is still working for a very large Co. and her son won one of the TV series with Heidi Kloon some designer show. And I suffer everyday because of the money she took from me, and the loss of my dignity. This State has given me NO equal rights at all. Aloha Beatrice. Thank You for your concern. Don’t know what to do any more. May handle it my own way I have nothing to loss any more.
I would suggest you visit one or two more local attorneys to review your facts. The reason I suggest this is that because they need to properly evaluate your evidence to prevent you from going to court with a case you will not win an possibly even be sanctioned and made to pay for the other person's legal fees. If you get another one or two attorneys to tell you the same thing about your case, then you realistically need to sit and reevaluate what you are going to do.