Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

My LLC has received an Adversary Proceeding, I have been unable

My LLC has received an Adversary Proceeding, I have been unable to raise the funds to defend the LLC. I assume without a defense a judgment will be leveled against the LLC. Can the judgment that is leveled against the LLC be transferred to me, the owner, personally?

Good afternoon. Yes, a default judgment would be awarded against the LLC, but only against the LLC. The LLC is a limited liability entity and the judgment creditor can only look to the assets of the LLC to collect its judgment. Your personal assets are not at risk.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.