smithlaw1177
smithlaw1177, Attorney
Experience:  My practice handles all sorts of business law issues such as setting up corporations, LLCs, PC, as well as dissolving corps.
65026092

I am based in Tanzania, East Africa. I ordered a 40ft container

Customer Question

I am based in Tanzania, East Africa. I ordered a 40ft container of used clothing from an American Company based in North Carolina. I made full payment by telegraphic transfer in two diferrent bank accounts of the company as per their profrma invoice. This is after long email correspondence between myself and the President/owner of the company. After the money was received the President decided to stop all comunication and the goods were not delivered todate. When i ordered them to refund my money they did not answer my emails. The amount involved is USD 38,000. How can I be helped to have my money refunded? I am ready to pay legal fees if they are reasonable and am assured of being paid? I have all the documentary evidence with me to surport a suit.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  smithlaw1177 replied 4 years ago.

smithlaw1177 :

Lets see if I can help. What State is the business located in?

JACUSTOMER-my5e5t8y- :

NORTH CAROLINA

smithlaw1177 :

My advice to you is to go to the state bar website and find a lawyer that practices in the area of breach of contract. We are unable to give any information out over the chat. I am sorry. If you find a good contracts attorney in North Carolina and you have all supporting documentation then you should be fine. Good Luck and I wish you the best of luck.

Customer :

Would you please find one and recommend to me

smithlaw1177 :

I am so sorry that is against the rules here on Just Answer. I wish I could. We can not give out names or phone numbers for an attorney.

Customer :

Then I do not find your answer satisfactory.I had been given same advise from Better Business Bureau, so I thought you would be able to come up with a different and more helpful advise. I needed someone to say to me that there is this legal counsel who can pursue the issue and recover your money at an agreed fee. Even if it is not the whole amount.

smithlaw1177 :

Well then I apologize I hate that I can not break Just Answer rules and get kicked off of the site just to receive a nominal payment from you. Thanks for your question.