MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

ok i diceded to follow up whit a suit to my uncle now tell

Customer Question

ok i diceded to follow up whit a suit to my uncle now tell me do i have to hired someone or do i do it my self? and how do i do it? help..
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. You should hire an attorney to file the claim on your behalf. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what type of attorney do i look for? and whats the reason you told me that the suit is for? i believed you said noncompliance of contract or something..now he spend about $1300.00 in the job my uncle and i belived he took the rest of the money and he just didn't finish.....do i still get all the $2000.00 back plus the money i pay to the other contractor to finish? plus attorney fees?
The school could demand an accounting and reimbursement of those funds which were not allocated properly or there is no record of allocation.

Advising a client not to release records is not unethical per se, the attorney would have to know that the client misappropriated funds and is advising the client of a method to conceal an unlawful act.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
what type of attorney should i look for??
and they don't charge me unless the win the case right???
You would retain an commercial litigation attorney and unless you are claiming damages it would be difficult to retain counsel on contingency as you are not going to recover anything other than a judgment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can u be more specific and i didn't understand please explain
I was saying that you did not suffer any harm, as a result, you would be paying counsel to get the court to say something is wrong with how they operate but not pay you any money, and your attorney would want to be compensated, so that compensation would come from you.