RGMacEsq
RGMacEsq, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed Texas General Practice Attorney
19487448

hello, i am not sure of the exact contract i am looking for,

hello, i am not sure of the exact contract i am looking for, i have a customer who has been purchasing from us for the past several years any they are looking for a contract that will give them protection from us raising our prices, please advise
Category: Business Law
Expert:  RGMacEsq replied 5 years ago.

RGMacEsq :

Thank you for using JustAnswer. I am researching your issue and will respond shortly.

RGMacEsq :

That would be called a "fixed price" contract. It's very simple, in that the contract says that you will provide X goods (or between X and Y goods) at $M dollars for N years.

RGMacEsq :

Now you should have at least a "force majure" clause in that contract, that would allow you to get out of any obligation if something outside of your control happened that made it so that you could not fulfill, etc... but this is the type of contract that you would need.

RGMacEsq :

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

RGMacEsq :

Did you have any other questions before you click "accept"?

Customer:

sorry i am on the phone

RGMacEsq :

Should I wait?

Customer:

yes

Customer:

it will be awhile sorry

RGMacEsq :

I'm sorry but I can't wait a while. I only get paid for the answers that I actually answer (I'm not hourly). Furthermore, I am going to be leaving the office in 10 minutes.

Customer:

ok

RGMacEsq :

But if you have follow up questions, you can post them and I will answer them as soon as I can.

RGMacEsq :

I will also answer follow up questions even after you click "accept".

RGMacEsq :

(again, there might be a delay if I am not in the office at the time you post them, but I will get back to you as soon as possible).

RGMacEsq :

So if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please select the "accept" button. If you have already clicked "accept", or if you will in the future, please let me know so I can track these for my own reports and customer satisfaction stats. Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX good luck to you!

RGMacEsq :

I can wait around for 10 minutes or so if you think that you're going to be available then...?

RGMacEsq :

Do you want me to wait the 10 minutes?

Customer:

sorry, i cat talk now, i didnt know we had a time limit, i cant leave the call i am on

RGMacEsq :

I understand. There's not a "time limit", per se. Again, you can leave follow up questions and I will get back to them as soon as possible, but this is the type of question that almost always takes me less than 20 minutes, which is why I answered it. Just let me know any follow up questions, and I will answer them as soon as possible

Customer:

ok

RGMacEsq :

Thanks.

Customer:

are you still around

Customer:

where would i get this type of contract, can i get it online or do i need to have 1 generated just for me? if i need one written up what would the cost of doing so be?

Customer:

could you please respond to my email address [email protected]

Customer:

i have hit the accept button.

RGMacEsq :

Sorry for the delay. I have just now gotten back into the office.

RGMacEsq :

As for the form itself, I would actually suggest going to your local library, as generally libraries have books that have contract samples (free of charge). Some even have access to online databases that you would otherwise need to pay for.

RGMacEsq :

As for drafting a contract, I don't think that would be necessary, and unfortunately I could not do it (as it would constitute legal representation, which is expressly forbidden per JustAnswer terms of service). But depending on the complexity of the contract, you could expect to pay anywhere from $100 to >$1,000 for a lawyer in your area to draft up one of these contracts.