WiseOwl58, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced business lawyer.

I am a business owner and I am being sued by my client. There

Customer Question

I am a business owner and I am being sued by my client. There complaint is full of lies and I am counter claiming. To make a long atory short the point of the matter is that I had an atty, but he was too expensive, so I had to change attys. I found a new one, but we need to go over the retainer agreement and he needs to still review the case. The hearing was set for 1/4/12. He told me to call and get an adjournment. I do not live in the same state of the case. I live in FL and the case is in NY . I used to live in NY. However when I called to ask for an adjournment they said my atty needs to call. When my atty did call he was unable to speak to the other sides atty. So my question is the court hearing is today 1/4/12 at 9 am. Do you have any advice on what I can do to stop this so my atty can represent me. Also, if they do get a default judgement tomorrow can we still reopen the case. Please help! Thanks
Category: Business Law
Expert:  WiseOwl58 replied 4 years ago.

WiseOwl58 :

what county is the case in in ny?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is in Nassau County
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
ok how can we chat