Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

I need to send out invitation cards to potential investors

I need to send out invitation cards to potential investors for a start-up investment firm. What should the title be? Equity Investment Meeting? Potential Investors Meeting? Start-Up Investment Meeting?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

Are these people with whom you have had prior communications about the investment opportunity or is this a general solicitation? Do you know anything about the recipients of the information, for example are they accredited investors?

Customer: it is a general solicitation. know some but not all.

If you are seeking to raise capital through a private placement you cannot make a general solicitation. I think you want to introduce your business without talking about an investment. There are restrictions on the type of solicitation you can make if you are planning on conforming to Reg. D and a private placement exemption. Focus on introducing your business and then at the meeting give people who are interested in investing make that interest known to you and then set up a second meeting with those who are interested.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.