Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I bought business from my brother in law but he didnt told

I bought business from my brother in law but he didn't told me certain things(problem with business and it is almost 2 years he told me he will take care of the issue but nothing done and landlord also refuse to do something that also his responsibility. How can I get my money back or take any legal action I trust him and he cheat me.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
This is going to be a tough issue because when someone buys a business they are expected to do their own due diligence. If you did not specifically ask about problems, he will argue he had no duty to disclose and that the issues are the liability of the landlord and not him as the seller of the business. Your claim would likely be against the landlord if these are your complaints as they do not have to do with the business, they have to do with the building and you would have to sue the landlord for breach of lease.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”