Dimitry K., Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Run my own successful business/contract law practice.

I have a rather complicated legal issue which involves my legally

Customer Question

I have a rather complicated legal issue which involves my legally separated spouse and our adult daughter. I inherited some funds from my parents and purchased two documented vessels (Florida) several years ago. I placed the title of these vessels in my adult daughter's name. After the BP oil spill, my husband (living with me at that time) had a lease agreement drawn up between he and my daughter. She and I both trusted him since he had operated other vessels before that we co-owned previously. My husband left me not long after both vessels were activated through the BP Vessel of Opportunity program. He promised he would be fair and pay a percentage to help provide financially for our three minor children at home. The lease agreement in which my daughter signed giving him access to both vessels didn't mention any type of payment to her through the BP program. Needless to say, he paid my daughter $5,000 out of almost $250,000 he billed and collected from BP. My daughter has now filed a claim for loss of income and damages for both vessels against BP, however, will my estranged husband be entitled to any of those funds especially if he filed a claim first as the lessor? The lease agreement was good just through October of 2010. The Vessel of Opportunity program ended in September 2010.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I would like to have this question answered and their opinion.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Never heard back from my expert on this question. Guess I need to cancel.