Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

I have an online business that sells gardening equipment.

I have an online business that sells gardening equipment. Someone recently started selling a video which utilizes my equipment to grow marijuana. They have tried to approach me about taking over distribution of the video. Am i legally able to sell the video and the equipment? Or does that open me to conspiracy to commit charges of any sort?
Thank you
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

Is the video of a legal marijuana operation?

I'm not sure. He already has made and distributes the video although in California pretty much anyone can get a growers permit for up to 99 plants.

I do not see any legal problem to you distributing the film if it just demonstrates the use of your product and is not an instructional material on growing marijuana. If that is the case then you have to be sure to only distribute in states where growing marijuana is legal.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.