Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

USA import duty on Mexican pinatas

Customer Question

USA import duty on Mexican pinatas
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 5 years ago.
You would have to calculate the amount of duty due based on what amount you are bringing into the country and the purpose. See:
http://dataweb.usitc.gov/scripts/user_set.asp, which is the calculator used for you to calculate any duty on imports.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I require to know the RATE OF DUTY on imported Mexican pinatas.
The pinatas are for resale here in the USA. The initial value will be between $100 and $500 US dollars.
I gave you the site because YOU need to register on the site to determine that, but I can tell you now that with a value under $600, there is going to be no duty as they will be considered samples or craft goods which are exempt from duty under NAFTA.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Many thanks - greatly appreciated. SC
Thank you.