How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dwayne B. Your Own Question
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 32587
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Dwayne B. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

we are a medical billing and collections company who are collecting

Resolved Question:

we are a medical billing and collections company who are collecting for a Durable Medical Equipment company. This company was dissolved but still has outstanding A/R that we are collecting on. We are in the process of drawing up a contract with the owner who now does business under another entity, but are unclear as to whether we should make the contract in the name of the old/dissolved company and old address , or should we put down the client's current company name and address? Can you draw up a contract with a dissolved company?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 5 years ago.
It makes the most sense to do it under all the names (ex. XXXXX XXXXX dba Acme Trading dba Acme Shipping). You really can't have a contract with a dissolved company. You should also have your contract drawn up by an attorney if you are the ones providing it. Most people don't realize it but if any terms in a contract are vague or ambiguous then those terms are defined in a way in favor of the person that did not draw up or provide the contract.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.
Dwayne B. and other Business Law Specialists are ready to help you