Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Practicing for over 20 years and helped a number of businesses with litigation.
11068102

On August 4, 2011 my company entered an agreement to receive

On August 4, 2011 my company entered an agreement to receive advertising services through - Doctors TV Network. The services to be rendered were:
Full Color Magazines to be distributed at the CVS Pharmacy - Internet Coupons - CableTelevision (26 weeks).
we refused to pay the final installment of $673.50 because we have not been able to receive any form of notification from Doctors TV Network when the services will be available to the public. After several complaints they recently distributed the Full Color Magazines to our office, however CVS has not acknowledged they are aware of this distribution channel out of their Doctor Phillips store.

A letter dated December 30, 2011 from their attorney is demanding final payment. Our concern is we have not received any service from this firm as promised. And they refuse to provide a schedule illustrating when the 26 weeks of cable television will be aired. Do we have any recourse ?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
Were they specifically obligated under the contract to provide a schedule or a "form of notification"?

Also, if you allege they have already breached the contract can you provide specifics?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I reviewed the document I signed and no it does not state such. This is why I was attempting to speak with the Regional Sales Manager who came to my office and stated they provided such. However, it is not written !

My next question is once I pay my final installment how can I assure myself services will be renedered. I truly don't trust this operation at this point. The Regional Sales Manager has disappeared. As of this e-mail I still have no proof they have provided any of the services they did place in writing such as:

-Full Color Magazine

-Internet Coupons

-Cable television (26 weeks).

Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 4 years ago.
You problem is that you are trying to hold them to terms that they didn't agree to and before you complete payment. What they can now claim, if you don't make the payment, is that you breached the payment agreement and the contract and that they don't have to provide any additional services. There is really no way to guarantee they will complete their end once you pay, just as there never is a way to guarantee it. However, by making the payment you remove a possible issue and if they don't do it then you can file a lawsuit. Also, you can ask for proof that the contract was completed afterwards and you will be in a much better position since asking for proof of what they INTEND to do may require them to create a document not yet in existence whereas asking for proof of what they DID do should be able to be provided from documents already in existence.

Thank you for allowing me to assist you. As you know, we work on the honor system here and cannot always provide you answers that you like. I believe I have answered all of the questions you asked so I would request that you please click the ACCEPT button so I receive credit for my work and leave feedback if you have a chance. Please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. I believe in giving information that is to the point, but please remember that I can only base our answers on the information you provide and sometimes a misunderstanding as to what you are looking for or already know occurs so feel free to ask additional questions or for clarifications. Be very careful about looking at other internet sites that just post generic information without any inquiry into your facts because often those answers are dated, wrong, or wrong as applied to your facts. Please be aware that my answer is not legal advice, it is merely information. You should always contact a local attorney for legal advice.

Several customers have asked how they direct a question to me in particular. If you specifically want me to provide information for you just put “FOR JD 1992” in the subject line and I will pick up the next time I am online.