Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

if i were a cargiver for michigan medical marihuana patients

Customer Question

if i were a cargiver for michigan medical marihuana patients and i needed to get an appraisal done for a loan on the house i am living. would i run into problems with getting the loan? would most appraisers have the need to see paperwork or need to take pictures of the medical portion of the basement.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Roger replied 4 years ago.
Hi - my name is Kirk and I'm a Business litigation attorney here to assist you.

As long as what you're doing is legal - meaning that you have a license to grow the plants in your home it should not cause you any trouble with borrowing money.

Also, an appraiser is going to have to view and photo all portions of the home - including the basement. The lender is going to want information on the home business area in the appraisal.