Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I currently have a S-Corp in Missouri. I have changed businesses

I currently have a S-Corp in Missouri. I have changed businesses and want to create a DBA in missouri. What is needed to accomplish this in Missouri and are there any changes needed (ie.. tax id and so on ) needed for taxation(state and fed), unemployment?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Good afternoon. You don't need to do anything except file a DBA with the Missouri Secretary of State and in the county in which your principal place of business is located. Everything else stays the same.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thanks for the answer. Just want to make sure of a couple of things. 1) Do i need to change my company name on any of the state sites? Like unemployment?

So, once filed. I can to business under a DBA Name, but file all my taxes and other reporting items just list before using my S-corp name... Correct?
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
You do not. You will still have the official name, so you don't need to change them.