How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Richard Your Own Question
Richard, Attorney
Category: Business Law
Satisfied Customers: 54843
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.
Type Your Business Law Question Here...
Richard is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I presently own a B&B in Hermann, MO that houses four units

Customer Question

I presently own a B&B in Hermann, MO that houses four units for lease. I have a different property approx. 4 miles from Hermann, a single family house that I want to turn into a B&B under my same name, me being the owner of both properties. Can I do this?
Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Good morning. Yes, you can do this since you have control of the same. I would suggest, however, that you put these into two different limit liability entities so that a problem with one doesn't contaminate the other.



I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!


If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.


If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.


If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.


Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.


Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I was told that since I already had four units in one building, I can not have any more than four. This was told to me by a person working for the state of MO.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.
There may be a local ordinance that prevents it, so I will opt out in hopes a MO lawyer can help you with this. Take care.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Will this be a lawyer with Just Answer? Any idea how long before I might hear from



thanks so much!