MShore Law
MShore Law, Attorney
Experience:  Drafted Negotiated and/or Reviewed Thousands of Commercial Agreements
17924466

What law specialty would cover what needs to be done to approach

What law specialty would cover what needs to be done to approach a manufacturer of a product to repackage it for my specific niche application. I am concerned with the manufacturer using my idea.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  MShore Law replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for the post, I am happy to assist you by answering your questions. This would be an intellectual property issue, and thus intellectual property is the specialty that would cover what needs to be done.Though simply repackaging is not an protectable/recognized intellectual property right, as such it would be by virtue of agreement (contract) between you and the manufacturer that the manufacturer would not take your idea. Please let me know if you need additional guidance.