Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law

my friend invested 55,000 in a bar and grill, in Illinois ,

Customer Question

my friend invested 55,000 in a bar and grill, in Illinois , she didn't have anyone look at the contract , the purchase price was to be about 550,000 ,giving her a 10 percent interest, now the crooks closed and are operation ,but she hasn't been allowed in the place or seen any paper work or been issued any stock .
Illinois liquor law states anyone with 5 percent or more must be on licenses .
Should i go to Illinois liquor commission , States attorney or heir a attorney
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 4 years ago.

bizlaw :

I recommend hiring a lawyer because he can review the entire situation and look into all the options available. This should be done immediately as action needs to be taken promptly to protect her interest.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. I would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.