Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

We are an internet trading company. Leading our field in a

We are an internet trading company. Leading our field in a small niche called Binary Options. We have acquired some relatively large public attention lately - mostly good, some not. This is due to the high risk nature of the trading platform. Two weeks ago we were spammed with countless emails by a client who wanted attention. This client has sent numerous emails to the executive team asking for "friendship" and "attention". We ignored it, naturally. This continued into horrible false posts and youtube videos showing completely fabricated material about us. We called our lawyer and he said "Let it die out". Meanwhile, this client has become obsessed with us. Feels he is a reporter to the public. Continues to email, post slanderous comments, live chats, and more. It just doesnt end. What else can we do at this point?
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 5 years ago.

bizlaw :

What is the nature of the slanderous comments? If you do a Google search do you pick up these slanderous comments?

Customer:

Yes. They are all over the place.

Customer:

The SEO on google.

Customer:

*they

Customer:

They are mostly comments that relate to our company as "Fraud", "Misleading", and so on

Customer:

Video labled "Behind the smoke and mirrors"

Customer:

One great example:

Customer:

We were voted into the World Finance 100 by the London Stock Exchange for 2012

Customer:

The award was given to us to place on the site

Customer:

And so...we did

Customer:

The new 2012 list comes out on January 4th.

Customer:

So the client decided that since we dont appear on the 2011 list.....he will post and repost on over 700 sites how we fabricated this award

Customer:

We tried explaining, but there is no one to speak to. Its an obession.

Customer:

So we closed the account, refunded his money.

Customer:

That did not help either

Customer:

Meanwhile, it seems that I am pretty stuck with this guy and no real solution. Never encountered such a nut.

Customer:

Any advice?

I had to switch from chat because I could not see your responses. Your solution is to sue for slander. If you are in the US you can sue in the state from which you operate. There is something called business defamation which is some thing that defamatory of your business that is false. You have the right to pursue such an action against the person making the false statements. If you get a judgment of slander, or you reach a settlement where the person agrees to retract the statements as false, Google will take them off their listing. You can check with Google directly on what they can do and what they need to do it. HOwever, to get Google to act you need to start your defamation suit.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.