Richard - Bizlaw
Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience:  30 years of corporate, litigation and international law
18695994

Hello,I own a firearms retail store. I want to have a

Hello, I own a firearms retail store. I want to have a drawing for prizes at my grand opening. I am thinking of giving away some guns, ammunition, training classes, etc. On my website and on the entry form I want to print the following: drawing will be held on XXXX, 2012. Contest entries MUST be submitted no later than 5:00 PM 1 entry per person. Multiple entries will be disqualified. You must be a U.S. Citizen and over 21 to enter. Winners are responsible for any taxes, transfer fees, license costs, DROS fees. Firearms winners must legally be allowed to possess a firearm in California and will be required to pass a background check with the State of California DOJ. All firearms prizes are subject to a 10 day waiting period before transfer is complete. No substitutions of prizes or transferees are allowed. A winner of a firearm who does not pass background check will be awarded an alternate gift of our choosing. Our decision of alternate gift is final. Need not be present to win, but you must personally pick up your prize and present proper identification within 30 days of being notified of winner status or forfeit your prize. Only one prize per person and per household.

anything I should change/add/delete to protect myself and keep legal?

thanks,

Zoli

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard - Bizlaw replied 2 years ago.

bizlaw :

The customer does not pay anything to enter into the drawing correct? On the assumption that entry is free and the standards for accepting the prize are the same as for purchasing a gun, you are OK with what you have. YOur disclaimer works.

If this answer is responsive to your question, please accept it. That is how we are compensated. It would also be appreciated if you provided feed back on your view of the answer. Finally, if the answer was especially helpful you can provide a bonus. If I can be of further assistance or you have other questions in the future you can ask for me and reach me at this site.

This communication is not intended as legal advice. A local attorney should always be consulted for legal advice. No client/attorney relationship is intended or created by this communication.

Richard - Bizlaw, Attorney
Experience: 30 years of corporate, litigation and international law