Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

How to close an LLC in PA? I started an LLC in PA in 2011,

How to close an LLC in PA?
I started an LLC in PA in 2011, with the idea of investing in real estate, but plans changed and nothing came of it. There were absolutely zero legal/financial transactions other than the filing of the papers with PA to open the LLC.
What steps do I need to take to close this down? And, do I need to file federal/state tax returns for 2011 even though all numbers will be 0?
Ingo U

Good afternoon. You want to file a Certificate of Cancellation with the Secretary of can do that online at the PA Secretary of State website. If you are a single member LLC, you do not need to file a tax return. If there were more than one member, you will need to file the final tax return even if there was no activity.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you,
after finding the web site and forms section, I found a certificate of dissolution under the LLC section; the term cancellation appears under the LLP section. Here's the link to the pdf, is this the right one for me?

Yes...that's the document. Nice work!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Great, thanks again! And, just to be sure, nothing needs to happen on the federal or local side?'re good to go. You're welcome.