David L
David L, Attorney
Experience:  Corporate and Business lawyer since 1997
11661736

I am incorporating a new company, a C-Corp that will be a holding

Customer Question

I am incorporating a new company, a C-Corp that will be a holding company for the ownership I own in various companies, and any that I buy in the future.

Currently I have three companies.

One C-Corp that is owned by my S-Corp.

One S-Corp that owns the previous C-Corp.

One LLC that I own personally.

How do I transfer ownership of each of these companies to my new holding C-Corp?

Category: Business Law
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find an Expert to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Yes, I am still awaiting an answer.
Expert:  Fran-mod replied 4 years ago.
Sometimes, finding the right Expert can take a little longer than expected and we thank you greatly for your understanding. We’ll be in touch again shortly.
Expert:  David L replied 4 years ago.
Hello. Thanks for asking your question. Normally, I will purchase a corporate minute book for each entity, which comes with stock shares and other various materials. You can issue 100% stock shares from each company to the new corp. and then log those entries in the minute books of each company. That will effectuate your transfer. If you are keeping the companies in existence, that is probably all you need to do. If you are considering rolling them into the new corp., you could do a formal merger, which would require a filing with the division of corporations in your state.