Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

I added three new members based upon the representation and

I added three new members based upon the representation and warrant items in the Newly drafted Operating Agreement for my LLC. I have quickly realized that these representations are not enforceable. Can I revoke the Operating Agreement and go back to the Operating Agreement that was in effect prior??
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.
Good evening. Can you give me a bit more detail about the what provisions are not enforceable, the circumstances of these new members, etc.? Thanks.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
For consideration into my LLC one of the representation was that a competitive company would be dissolved. Turns out that neither of the three new members has the authority to follow through. Also, there are other similar representations where a signature on the new operating agreement the new members) do NOT have the authority to carry out. Prior to these three new members being considered to join the LLC I was the only member.
Expert:  Richard replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. Because they misrepresented their ability and/or authority to do what they were warranting and representing, you can rescind your issuance of any ownership to them. They are in default, which gives you the right to rescind the transaction. In addition, if you suffered any damages as a result of their misrepresentations, you would have the right to sue them for those damages. The result would be that you would go back to the single member operating agreement in effect before their admission.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.