Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.
10285032

I am a dentist, and 9n september of 2007 an employee that I

Customer Question

I am a dentist, and 9n september of 2007 an employee that I had fired had called a doctor that after a working interview was not hired to go and make false accusations to department of heath agaist me unless I paid them money. Well they did. and among other things said unlicensed assistants were perorming hygien and some assistants were allowed and forced to do dental procetures on them The department of health investigator came in to the office at 9 am with just manager and 4 aasisyants and a receptionists were there, and he threatened them several times thaat he was there to arresrt them specialy to assistants and write statements as what they do, they had called me and I was on my way to the office. by the time I got there he abd the other 2 womwn with guns took me to m office and put the statements wrtten by two assistants in front of me, and asked me are these two girls telling the truth. As I read their statements they both had said the truth and had described functions they perform and were all lawfull.I replied yes. it iis what they do here and is lawful.
he then turned two other 2 investigatores that let it be known that I admited that what the irls that were complaing and had filed the complaints were truthfull, and I shoud cease and decease from what I do. amonth later a motion was prepared for the probable cause pannel to have a hearing on this.
I paid an attorney $5000 and explain the facts along with licenses of 6 doctors and 7 assistants and a couple of hygenists along with affidavits from all that there were nothing illigal taking place there and everyone followe florida guidelines. he realized I was a well to do dentist as he asjked me all these people work for you? and I said yes.
( months later I got a letter from DOH that doh probable cause has found me guilty and I have 2 choices one is to surrender my license, and one is to go to a hearing in court , however if we loose in court I have to return the money of patients collected in the pst 7 years and pay for attorney fees and cost of investigation plus penalties.
As I know I was Innocent I hired another lawyerfor10000 to represent me. He got all the evidence and found out the former attorney, never replied to probable cause requests 3 in all and never send the affidavids that II had prepare for hin.
The new layer quickly turned in all forms and affidavids,along with tape recording of messages left on my voice mailthat unless I pay money they are going to file a complint, and sued department of health and the investigator for their conduct.
IM going to make it short they asked for volumes of patient charts and other information and in 4.5 years up to now have not found a single evidense of wrong doing.
Now they are offering that they will not go to court and seal the matter for ever if we drop our suite agaist DOH and investigator and ask for no attorney fees. I think this department through the agent hurt me emotionally and finacialy as I grew worrid about this all the crew has left , and I have become disabled. Please advise
Category: Business Law
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 2 years ago.
Based on what you are saying I would refuse to dismiss any suit against DOH and I would continue to pursue them for their negligent and false investigation. They are seeking to threaten you with continued litigation on the charges, but would not be offering to dismiss them in exchange for you dismissing your suit if they did not believe they were likely to lose the case when you finish producing all of the evidence. I would advise you to make them a cash settlement offer plus dismissal in exchange for dismissing your suit, if not at this point you have come this far you really should keep going after them.

I hope you found my answer helpful, please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button above for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for assisting you. Your question will not close, and you will still have the opportunity to follow-up if needed. Leaving a bonus and positive feedback is not required, but doing so is certainly appreciated!

If you have additional questions, please keep in mind that I do not know what you already know or don't know, or with what you need help, unless you tell me. Please consider that I am answering the question or question that is posed in your posting based upon my reading of your post and sometimes misunderstandings can occur. If I did not answer the question you thought you were asking, please respond with the specific question you wanted answered.

Also remember, sometimes the law does not support what we want it to support, but that is not the fault of the person answering the question, so please be courteous.

PLEASE NOTE WELL, LEGAL ANSWERS TAKE MORE THAN “MINUTES” TO PUT TOGETHER AS WE ARE DEALING WITH LAWS OF 50 STATES PLUS FEDERAL LAWS, AS WELL AS DEALING WITH OTHER CUSTOMERS, SO PLEASE BE PATIENT IT WILL BE MORE THAN “MINUTES” IN SOME CASES BEFORE YOU GET A RESPONSE, BUT BE ASSURED YOU ARE NOT BEING IGNORED.

There can also be a delay of an hour or more in between my answers because I may be helping other customers or taking a break.

You can always request me through my profile at http://www.justanswer.com/law/expert-paulmjd/ or beginning your question with “For PaulMJD…”

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience: All corporate law, including non-profits and charitable fraternal organizations.