I am a very small self employed(sole -prop) part- time martial

I am a very small self employed(sole -prop) part- time martial arts instructor. NY state dept. of labor says they received a complaint that I have employees or something to that nature. Not sure of the details of the complaint and it is filed "anonymous". I teach only 3hrs. per week and do NOT have any employess-don't need any for any reason and do not do this to make a living. I do not even have very many students. The NY dept. of labor, auditor for UI wants to meet with me and see my "books". Not sure what is going on and I do not have much at all in terms of "books". I filed for a DBA in august 2010 and he wants records back to 1/2009. what advice can you give me-this is very stressful and I'm not sure what they are after.
Category: Business Law
Expert:  INFOLAWYER replied 4 years ago.
If the allegation is false, do not worry yourself. I am a lawyer in NY. It may well be a disgruntled student. You want to calmly contest the claim and submit a letter contesting the claim. If prefer, have a lawyer do so for you on lawyer letterhead or by prepared affidavit confirming you work alone and part time and have no employees. If need be, you may need to supply office records to confirm this fact.

Please click on the GREEN ACCEPT button for my answer. This is necessary for me to be paid for my work and so that I can get credit for the answer. Leaving a Bonus and Positive Feedback is not required, but doing so is very much appreciated!