Richard, Attorney
Experience:  32 years of experience practicing law and a businessman.

Within an IRA context, ROTH, TRAD., or Contributory; Do I have

Within an IRA context, ROTH, TRAD., or Contributory; Do I have any tax implications when I sell one Mutual fund at a profit and by another mutual fund? I have recently sold shares of more high risk funds and bought less risky funds. I am reinvesting both dividends and profits back into my IRA. I am still several years from retirement and will not be withdrawing any money until that time. Do these sales and buys need to be reported to the IRS?

Good morning. As long as these sales are all occurring within your retirement account, whatever kind of IRA it is, you have no need to report any of the sales. These are accounted for within the IRAs by the custodian of your IRAs and are not reported by you, or taxed to you, individually.

I hope this has given you information that has been helpful to you. I wish you the best of luck!

If you have a follow-up question, please remember that there might be a delay between your follow up questions and my answers because I may be helping others or taking a break.

If I have adequately answered your question, even though the answer might not have been the one for which you hoped, I would appreciate it if you would please click the GREEN ACCEPT button so that I receive credit for my work; otherwise, though you have made a deposit, I do not receive credit.

If you need additional clarification on this question after clicking ACCEPT, please do not hesitate to click Reply and I will be happy to do what I can to help you further. Thanks for allowing me to be of service to you.

Please be aware that the information provided here is not legal advice. Rather it is simply general information. All states have intricacies in their laws and any information given is simply information only and specifically is not intended to be, nor does it constitute, legal advice. This communication does not establish an attorney-client relationship with you. I hope this answer has been helpful to you.